CRM Mitchell1 2021-10-21T22:03:37+00:002008 Audi A4 CRM Mitchell1 2021-10-21T22:03:37+00:00
- ****** Vehicle is do for oil and filter change.
- ****** All fluids and filter look in good condition at this time with exception of the engine oil and it is do for service.
- ****** Was not able to locate exact location of where these wires go. Did notice that the engine mounts are the incorrect application for vehicle and do not have a electrical solenoid connector on them. suspect these wires are supposed to connect to the engine mounts.
- ***** See Check engine light diagnostics.
- **** Connected scanner and retrieved the following trouble code(s): 05425 – Camshaft Timing Adjustment; Open Circuit 05491 – Left Engine Mount Solenoid Valve; Open Circuit 05495 – Right Engine Mount Solenoid Valve; Open Circuit 00665 – Boost Pressure Regulation Control Range Not Reached 00768 – Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected 00771 – Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected 05425 – Performed resistance check on VVT solenoid and found it out of spec at 14.1 ohms. (spec. 5.0 – 8.0ohms) Recommend replacing VVT solenoid. 05491 & 05495 – Did not diagnose. Suspect is do to incorrect engine mounts being installed that do not have solenoids in them. Also suspect this is where hanging wires are supossed to go. 00665 – Performed pressure test on charge system pipes and found no leaks in pipes. Monitoring live data on scanner monitored boost pressure sensor and got no change from sensor when throttle is flared. Recommend replacing boost pressure sensor. After sensor replaced still no turbo boost. Removed charge tube to turbo and checked fan operation and found no obvious faults. Advised customer that at this point suspect that the waste gate in turbo is stuck open and will need turbo replaced. 00478 & 00771 – Performed resistance check on #3 ignition coil and found it at top side of specs. Swapped the #3 ignition coil and plug from the #1 cylinder with the #3 cylinder and misfire did move to the #1 cylinder. Recommend replacing the #3 ignition coil and plug.
- *** CAMSHAFT TIMING CONTROL VALVE – Remove & Replace – In-Line4 Camshaft Adjustment Valve
- *** IGNITION COIL – Remove & Replace – In-Line4 One
- *** BOOST PRESSURE SENSOR – Remove & Replace – In-Line4
- ****** Customer Supplied Part.
- 37 POINT INSPECTION REPLACE ENGINE OIL REPLACE ENGINE OIL FILTER SET TIRE PRESSURE 38 psi
Dave C. gave our service a 5 star review on 10/20/2021